My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Rose

This morning a client wanted to express herself through clay. She created an amazing rose. It gave us much to talk through and celebrate about her beauty with her beautiful petals and thorns that strengthen.


When we plant a rose seed in the earth, we notice that it is small, but we do not criticize it as 'rootless and stemless.' We treat it as a seed, giving it the water and nourishment required of a seed. When it first shoots up out of the earth, we don't condemn it as immature and underdeveloped, nor do we criticize the buds for not being open when they appear. We stand in wonder at the process taking place and give the plant the care it needs at each stage of its development. The rose is a rose from the time it is a seed to the time it dies. Within it, at all times, it contains its whole potential. It seems to be constantly in the process of change; yet at each state, at each moment, it is (whole) as it is. Gallway, 1974.  From The Self-Esteem Workbook, Glenn R. Schiraldi. 

5 comments:

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

Thats so lovely and so true. GJ

DCHY said...

An amazing gift indeed. I once got a stained glass portrait from a visiting dignitary and I still have it. Means a lot to me.

Beth and Alfie said...

Beautiful thoughts!

Just Jess for now said...

I love this.
Thanks for visiting me. The beginning of the quote is something I heard from a super model once and the rest I sort of made up. :)
Thanks for sharing this.

wendy said...

she "clayed" together a beautiful rose. I guess it would be good to transform (clay) our tragedies, sorrows, losses....whatever...into a rose.