My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Friday, February 4, 2011

A Risk

We just finished our seminar. It was awesome to share in the experience with 12 of my colleagues and friends who are therapists. Dialogue on setting up the tables went something like this: Lisa; How do you think they should be set up? Me; How do you feel about it? Horseshoe shape or rows? Lisa; What type of experience do you want to have - that will help us know?  Me; I'm feeling like horseshoe might work for this how does that feel to you?   The humor in two therapists trying to set up a room.

We laughed and yes, cried in our seminar today. Sharing feelings brings us to such a deeper and richer level in our lives. 

When I had my interview for Wasatch Woman , I was excited and prepared to share about my business. I was surprised that as we went back to a tough day with Retinitis Pigmentosa many emotions came up for me. There was such love and warmth in that room as I had this interview. I will take this risk and share
the video clip with you. Steve is awesome and got called in to share his feelings, too.

Just a few more pictures to share of people I love and supported me at the luncheon.  Thank you to each of them and all that are reading that have cheered me on.
my mom and natalie
friends: corena and shannon.

friends: Paul and Phyllis
friends: Corena and Ron
Natalie and friends: Julie and Kathy
Colleagues: Lisa and Lisa
dear friend: Julie

my family.

Colleagues: Lisa, Lisa, & Christy
brother Dave & sister-in-law Andrea

Thanks again for your love and support. 

11 comments:

Infrequent Flyers said...

Thank you for sharing the interview clip, Becky. You and Steve are so inspiring. You've made wonderful choices, to live your life to the fullest, to never put limitations on what you can do, and to bring joy and fullness to other peoples' lives.

Retired Duo said...

Wow. What an amazing video clip. I'm grateful that you shared it. Congratulations again on your award, and thanks so much for your inspiring and touching blog.

Erin J said...

Thanks for sharing with us! I loved what you said about encouraging your kids to live their own lives and not feel like they have to take care of you. I want my kids to feel that way too and I want to live my life with passion and joy too! What a legacy for your family.

Renee said...

Amazing words. Thank you for sharing them with us. And again, CONGRATULATIONS!!

Myrna R. said...

Oh my God, Becky, is it any wonder that you won? Your so awesome. I admire and respect you. Congratulations!

forever dorothy said...

That was very touching and inspiring. Congratulations on being chosen! The chili recipe sounds delicious. Please give Cricket a pat on the head for me (if that's allowed). Gayle

Lisa and pups said...

WOW, that is so spectacular. Thanks so much for sharing! I hope you don't mind, but I sent it to the guy who is in charge of the FFB KC walk as well as a local friend of mine who is going through the process to get a GDB guide dog.

jennohara said...

Thanks so much for sharing the video clip, Becky. Again, you are such an inspiration to me. Thank you for that.
Congratulations again on the award. You truly, truly deserved it.

Brandon - The dog with a blog said...

Thanks for sharing the video clip!
Furry congrats again on the award; we know you deserved it!

Anonymous said...

Becky, you are beautiful, sweet, and so strong. You are everything our Father in Heaven created you to be. We all have disabilities of some kind. I wish that I could learn to accept mine so graciously. Thanks for sharing and for being such a wonderful example of courage and womanhood!

Jen said...

Becky and Steve, that's a beautiful interview!
Congradulations!
You sound very young!
:)