My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wasatch Woman Update

I am a finalist for  Wasatch Woman . Last week we had interviews. Today we enjoyed time at the Landis Salon with a great facial, massage, hair style, and make-up. Cricket enjoyed the experience and was such a good girl. She sat on her rug and watched all the activity. Her nose seemed to perk up with the tangerine lotion. Yummy.   

We then ventured  on to Mitch Meyer Photography for our pictures.  I chose two outfits:  one was a black shirt with a turquoise sweater and the other was a purple blouse.  Cricket's modeling skills  were helpful once again today. The photographer appreciated being able to say 1,2,3 and have Cricket look at the camera. Her skills of guide work maneuvering through some crowded areas was also very much appreciated. 
This has truly been a beautiful experience and am looking forward to the lunch next Friday.

11 comments:

Jen said...

Sounds like fun!
Belated happy birthday by the way. Tried posting a comment but don't think it sent.

Myrna R. said...

How exciting for you. Best wishes.

jennohara said...

Sounds like a great day! Congrats on making it to the finalists!

Infrequent Flyers said...

How exciting! I love the hairstyle, too!

Retired Duo said...

When will the judges make their choice? Congratulations on making the finals!

3 labs 4 me said...

How exciting for you Becky. What a marvelous experience. Zoomed in on your hair & makeup in the photo. Wow!! Love the hairstyle. You look like a model. Wish I could have been there to watch you in action. 'Strike a pose'. I can hear the old Madonna song singing in my head...............Ha!

Beth and Alfie said...

Oh how fun, and I love your hair too! Way to go. You're already a winner to all of us!

Ruby's Raiser said...

Congratulations on becoming a finalist, we'll be rooting for you all the way!

tattytiara said...

Wow awesome, and you and Cricket definitely make a great team.

Beth Finke said...

No surprise to me at all that you are a finalist, Becky --enjoy all the pampering, sounds like fun!

Grandma & Grandpa said...

Congratulations on being a finalist, Becky! Way to go!