My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Thursday, November 4, 2010

I Appreciate GOING

I am always up for a  new adventure.  Sometimes it comes with some fear that must be pushed aside.   Today Cricket and I are off to Portland.  Hopefully Flights #48& 49 will be uneventful.   A little trip to visit some very special friends and go to the GDB Fall Luncheon.  We have our bags packed: kibble in the pocket for Cricket sit, staying and then coming as we walk through security, Cricket's blanket for the floor on the top of my carry-on.

5 comments:

K and K said...

Wish Kibby & I were going with you guys! Have fun!

Lucent Imagery said...

Oooh yes we love to pack up for adventures too! My dog is happy once he sees his food and blankets go into the suitcase! You look gorgeous!

wendy said...

Well, I love Portland, so have a wonderful, safe time.

Reddunappy said...

You are coming up to my neck of the woods! I live just across the river(North) and East a little from Portland! Have a great trip. I dont have a puppy right now as Dublin is at GDB in Boring starting his training! Our puppy club leader will be there with a club puppy named Sweeney! LOL

Becky Andrews said...

Katie - Hope you can go back sometime!
LI - Thank you!
Wendy - Agree, Love Portland.
Redunappy: Oh, I wish I would of seen Sweeney. Hope they had fun and best wishes to Dublin.