My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Weekend Reflections

Lion King was so much fun! We had fabulous seats that enabled me to even be able to get some small snippets of what was happening. I know this production is known for its amazing costumes. I'll take you and Steve's word for it. As a therapist specializing in grief and loss, I found myself concerned for little Simba as he had to go off and keep so much of his grief inside for the time. Clips of the movie could be great in a group as a discussion. It was amazing! Loved the music. I now really want to see The Color Purple and Mary Poppins. We shall see. Steve wore his nicest Aggie (Utah State) polo t-shirt so as soon as Lion King was over he could go up to the football game with Kendall. Sad, just got a call that the Aggies lost. Still, is there anything more beautiful than an evening in Cache Valley. I am home listening to the Lion King CD, doing laundry and trying to get motivated to complete the monthly billing for the office. Cricket is keeping my feet warm at the moment.
Tomorrow we will join as a family and celebrate the gift of life. It is the anniversary of five years since my dad's journey on the Life Flight helicopter after a very serious heart attack ... Every time he calls me and greets me in his loving, reassuring way, I am so very grateful.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Isn't Lion King amazing? Its supposed to come to Dublin next year for the first time and I can't wait to go again. There were no fireworks in the London production. I love the cd too. Brings back a lot of great memories of my last birthday.

Myrna R. said...

Sounds like you had a great time. Glad you could find in it something uselful for your therapy.

jennohara said...

I heard Lion Kind was amazing from my parents as well. One day I'd love to see it!

Brooke said...

I haven't seen Lion King, although I'm just waiting for it to come here. I loved Mary Poppins though, and the music is amazing.