My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Monday, September 20, 2010

Resilient Monday

Mondays are generally a long day at my office. Just how it happens right now. Steve has an early morning meeting so it makes sense for him to drop me off as he goes to his office. So, I schedule appointments to begin early. It is also a day that people like evening appointments so again it just makes sense. I have an ongoing group that meets over the lunch hour so making sure I get lunch on Mondays doesn't always happen. Once I get to the office, I begin my day I am reminded that I love my work and the day flies by. I have thought over my schedule and if I could change something. It really is just how it is right now. It is the late Sunday night feelings of Monday morning coming that are hard!

It seems part of Resilience is keeping on. What helps you get a start to your Monday? A favorite routine? positive thought? something special you pack for lunch?

Happy Monday!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Just "Doing It". I don't think there has ever been a Monday when I jump out of bed, giddy with the idea of going off to work! However, once I am there, engaged in the rhythm of the office, I am glad I made the effort (most of the time) and all is well.
Happy Monday-ing!

ps-I think I saw you and yours cycling the other day!

s day @ sdayrunning.blogspot.com said...

Oh sister I hear ya! On the weeks that I work at the hospital on Monday mornings it's SO hard to find peace on Sunday. The Monday's that I do the best are when I drag myself out of bed for the 5:45 am yoga... it's hard but it gets me up and going early enough to feel on top of things before the week gets started without me. Oh man it's hard though.

Myrna R. said...

I hope you're having a happy Monday. I'm retired now, but I was a therapist like you and, like you too, often my schedule was overloaded. I loved my work though. Enjoy.

jennohara said...

It's great that you love your work so much! Mondays for me are just like every other day, and I love them ;)