My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Therapist's Thoughts on Thursday

Cricket and I are having a great time in our Office Expansion with our Play Room. Do you remember playing with Mr. Potatoe Head? We have one that has a whole family! Do you remember playing with Play Doh? When was the last time you played with blocks and built a tower and then knocked it over? How about drawing a picture on an easel and pretending you are an artist?
Tangle Therapy toys are amazing and such a great de-stresser.   Our clients of all ages are loving these toys and the ability to reduce anxiety through creative play. 


Also, on the agenda today is Running.  Yes!  With my friend, Shannon.  Check out her sweet post about running with me.  I think it is amazing that she would learn about my eyesight and how she can best help our running experience. 

Also, I will be presenting about our office expansion and groups to be offered at a Professional Group in the morning. 

A good, busy day ahead. 

1 comment:

Marie said...

Running!! You are AMAZING!! I don't want to run and I can see where I am going! lol As I languish here in my MS pity party, you inspire me, Becky. Not enough to get me running, lol, but maybe to get out of bed today.

Mr. Potato Head? I remember when I was little you had to use an actual potato for his head!! My mother would never give me a potato but my grandmother always indulged me. Then they came out with the styrofoam head that was useless after a few pokes. Kids have it so good these days. lol