My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Therapist's Thoughts on Thursday

My Summer Thursday evening grief group is near completion - last week will be our final week.. However, I know their grief journey is not complete. Some will return for the next session - others will join us for our Grief and the Holidays and others will drop in for a visit. This group of ladies has formed a lasting bond. I have watched them cry and yes, even laugh with one another. I have watched them support and encourage each other in amazing ways. I have watched them experience healing in their journey. Tonight we took a few moments for them to write a letter of compassion to themselves on pink paper. The sound of the pencils writing on the paper was beautiful. They shared they had letters of empowerment and support to hang on their mirrors at home.

There is no path so dark, nor road so steep, nor hill so slippery that other people have not been there before me and survived. May my dark times teach me to help people on similar journeys. Maggie Bedrosian.

Life is made up of sobs, sniffles, and smiles. O. Henry

I leave my office grateful for the gift of life, my relationships, and also for a work that gives me the opportunity each day to learn from others.

2 comments:

jennohara said...

Those are beautiful.

Erin said...

What a great post Becky! Your job seems like it would be so fulfilling. You are really making a difference. We all have so much to learn from you and your fun, positive personality. Your blog is always such a bright spot in my day. :)