My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Therapist's Thoughts on Thursday

I begin the day and am reminded of this quote by Ben Okri:

The most authentic thing about us is our capacity to create, to overcome, to endure, to transform, to love, and to be greater than our suffering.

My client ages range from 4 - 75 today with each having a story to share.

3 comments:

Reddunappy said...

What a wonderful quote!

Jen said...

Haven't commented here in a while.
Glad you enjoyed the cycle Becky it sounds like fun!

Marie said...

That is a great quote.

I love that you can see your clients each as having their individual story. They must feel very validated by that. They are lucky to have you. :)

P.S. Happy Anniversary.

I am enjoying your blog. I feel some kinship as I am also visually impaired, I lost an eye in an accident when I was four. For some reason that was not enough disaster for one life and I also have MS, but as I often told my kids, life isn't fair.

Unfortunately, when I told them this I was usually referring to why they didn't get the last cookie or why they had to go to bed. I never expected to find out life REALLY wasn't fair. lol

Ah, that resiliency thing. Thank goodness for that.

Thanks for some lovely moments here that have made me smile.