My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Day 3 of our Hearts and Bike Ride

Our Day 3 and our final day of the journey (the group continued on for two more days, wow!) started in Kanab, Utah to St. George, Utah (92 miles) We rode through Arizona and so have biked through three states this month.
It is delightful to cycle as the sun comes up.
My parents and oldest brother lived a year in Pipe Springs, AZ 50 years ago. We stopped there for a photo op and a big drink!This last climb through Hurricane was exhausting! A couple times, Steve asked me if I was still back there (his way of saying ... are you pedaling?).
We were grateful for this experience and the chance to meet new friends and pedal for a great cause .

2 comments:

Beth Finke said...

Ride on, sister!

Justin and Kenzee said...

What a great sport! It was fun to read that you rode up the hill near Hurricane... Lacey and my sister live there. Way to go!!!