My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Presentation

The presentation went very well today! Steve took me to the front of the building and I had specific directions on how to find my way inside. The Director met us at our car and the ease of navigating through an unfamiliar building was quickly lifted. Over a wonderful lunch together, I had the opportunity to share my next venture: Resilient Center for Grieving Families. As I walked into the room for the presentation, I was greeted by a lady saying 'that is a really cute purse'. The director and I both laughed and agreed we thought she was going to say really cute dog! I do love this purse that seems to have a pocket for everything. Cricket was an incredible guide and had on her professional face through the experience. I chose to wear my black skirt that I love. It is so comfy and the fabric (rayon, spandex, nylon)is such that dog hair just slides right off. I love the classic button up blouses. This grey blouse is one of my favorites. I have the similar style in short and long sleeve. And then, I wore my favorite black belt. (not surprising, all items from my favorite store: Ann Taylor!) I slipped on my Pantera/Cricket bracelet for good luck as well. (As I searched for a link to my bracelet, I realized I don't have a picture of the finished bracelet -- love it!) Pantera was my guide that helped me walk into a new surrounding with confidence - the graceful, confident one. Cricket is my guide that goes into a new situation with a little adventure and a bounce to her step - the life of the party one.

5 comments:

Infrequent Flyers said...

Hooray, great job to both you and Cricket! A fabric that dog hair slides off of?! I need to have everything I own made of that fabric!

Retired Duo said...

I agree with Mimi - only I need fabric that repels cat hair! I'm sure your presentation was great, no matter what outfit you chose.

s day @ sdayrunning.blogspot.com said...

Triple YAY for you Becky.... you inspire me not to be afraid of "big ideas" and to just go for it. I can't wait to hear more about this new adventure.

Karen said...

Glad the presentation went well. What a wonderful idea to help others who don't have your marvelous attitude YET! Grieving whether large or small seems to take time.

Love you
Mom and Dad

3 labs 4 me said...

Gosh Becky, we need to catch up on so many new & exiting things happening in your life. You are an inspiration to me, that's for sure. Love the outfit & oh yes, cute dog!