My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Saturday, October 18, 2008

'what's really important ...'

We spent the afternoon cleaning up the yard - pulling up the flowers that were snowed on last week (sad!), putting away all the flowers pots, patio furniture. Cricket had a nice run at the park with a little greyhound dog that had her exhuasted - she could not keep up.
My new charm bracelet came in and I took it down to the jeweler to engrave on the two hearts ... one for Cricket and one for Pantera. We were telling the jeweler about our 'mini woes' of losing some things this week and he said ... everything in this store is just stuff - you haven't lost what really matters. We agreed and loved that the jeweler (with his store of pretty stuff) was telling us this! I will have to post a picture of the finished bracelet with all the charms on it! Karen at 4 Paws Forever was so nice and included an extra heart for me on the bracelet.

2 comments:

OSU 98 said...

That was on our agenda today as well! We only made it as far as the front, the back still has to be done tomorrow, but will hopefully be a much smaller job. My poor front yard...it looked so cheerful this morning when I got up and looks so barren now. Oh well. I guess it is time for the seasons to change...we even had to turn the heat on, it got down to 61 in the house and I thought it was time....

Unknown said...

This just made my day.