My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Smile

Yesterday a lady came up to me and began with 'where did you get ...' I thought she was going to ask me where I got my cute sweater, or maybe my fun purse! Instead she continues ... your seeing eye dog. I began to say - Guide Dogs for the Blind, upon which she said, yeah but how did you get one when you can drive. She was really friendly and her tone of voice was more like - oh I want one! I smiled and said - oh I can't drive - I'm blind. She said, oh but you walked in here so I thought you had driven. I smiled and said no, I walked here. She said oh, she's a beautiful dog. I said, thank you!

Anyway, it was a funny random conversation.

1 comment:

Beth and Alfie said...

That's funny! It's always surprising the questions people come up with isn't it?