My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Reflecting

Beautiful Sunday afternoon gives one time to reflect. (Back of my shirt says - I'm with the dog!)
We had the chance to visit a dear friend today who is very ill. I was touched by her ability inspite of her being gravely ill to ask each of us about what was going on in our lives. She is on a liquid diet and so I was able to share some of my favorite drinks from my days with liquid only. We hugged and I told her how much I loved her. I hope I get a chance to tell her that again and again but we both sensed her time is limited. We left being reminded of the beauty of life, and I will be praying for my dear friend that I love.

Monday is my last day at an agency that I have worked for five years in addition to my private practice. I have been busy enough to quit for quite some time but I love the people here so it has taken some time to make that decision. I will miss the great people there and have promised them that Cricket and I will drop in and say hi often. Such dear friends that I love.

At church today I was touched by the kindness extended to me -- one lady made such a point to come up to me, tell me her name and compliment me on my outfit. Voice recognition can be challenging in a crowded situation. Another lady when passing the roll around, whispered what it said and asked if I wanted to sign up. I could go on ... but just love the love that I felt.

We are putting together a fun new assortment of pictures in a frame and came across some thank you letter from clients. Oh my, it warms my heart and has me thinking and wondering how they each are doing. I will never forget 93-year-old Harry when I called him to go do a home visit and asked him what I could bring him ... Becky, just bring your love. He has since passed away but oh how I miss him and think of that phrase so often! LOVE Just bring your love.

The less we see with our eyes, the more we see with our heart. Helen Keller

4 comments:

Infrequent Flyers said...

What a nice post, and I enjoyed the photo, too. Hope your last day at the agency today is also flled with love!

Karen said...

Such a nice reminder of the love that surrounds us each day and our opportunity to extend that love to others. Thanks.

Mom

Beth and Alfie said...

What an inspiration! Many good things to reflect on...

I received a couple of little blog awards and am passing them on to you for all the sunshine you bring into the lives of others! Feel free to check it out at Alfie's World.

wendy said...

That is so true...that statement from Helen Keller.

It is hard to make those BIG decisions...quit a job and such.
I DON'T miss my job...but I sure miss some of the people. Friendships were built there.

But new beginnings and experiences mean growth and that is important.....OR so I try to tell myself. (tee,hee)