My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Our Engagement Day

Twenty-six years ago today we were engaged.  Steve put me on a pedestal (on top of the third pillar at the state capitol building) and asked the big question -- I said I've love to marry  him!  So when we remember on this date we walk back and relive the experience!  Its fun - I'm grateful to be so happy with someone that I love so much and continuously puts me up on a pedestal.  (We set the timer for this picture so no one was calling Cricket's name -- I think she thinks we are a little odd - what do you think?)

6 comments:

3 labs 4 me said...

How sweet & romantic.

Beth and Alfie said...

Oh, congratulations! What a great thing to celebrate...I love the sense of fun in the picture too (it's really important to keep having fun together over the years don't you think!)

jennohara said...

Yeah, Cricket probably thinks you're both nuts! :)
What a sweet memory to have! And especially to re-create it! How fun!!

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

you two are too cute! I can't even remember the day we got engaged. I know it was the tuesday before you graduated GDB!

Reddunappy said...

Precious memories ((sigh))

Grandma & Grandpa said...

I think it's very sweet! You are very blessed to have each other! Loye