My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Friday, March 19, 2010

Decisions

Cricket is faced with big decisions each day. I tell her forward and she evaluates to make sure it is safe and proceeds, ... (each dot represents amazing!) So, when Steve bought a new bed for her, I wanted to give her the choice: Cricket do you want to sleep on the old bed or try the new one. Her concern of making this decision was apparent -- she couldn't decide which bed to choose. We helped her out and moved the old bed. She is happy that she can defer to me for some of the decisions (don't think she is so happy that I say when it is time for dinner).
Are you a basketball fan? Have you filled out your bracket? I completed mine yesterday just in time before the first game started. Apparently, my selection of Ohio State (ah, because Steve's dad taught there years ago ...) was a major upset! Go OSU! I filled in my bracked all my this way ... oh we are going to Kansas next month (go Kansas State), I want to go to Vermont in the Fall someday (go Vermont), etc. I do know I am cheering loud for USU today. Go Aggies. Later: Sad the Aggies did NOT do well earlier today. No hanging of the "A" banner for us today.

6 comments:

Erin said...

Love the Aggies! My dad went to Utah State. :) Cute family picture!

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Woof! Lots more Woofs ... Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

Lisa and pups said...

GO KU!!! (with KSU coming in second) *grin*

Hope we can get to see you when you come to the *rather snowy right now* great state of KS! :D

Retired Duo said...

Oh good - someone else who picks March Madness teams like I do. Well, I always root for the Tarheels, since I went to grad. school there. But, they haven't had the best year so I must throw my allegiance to another team: K State (my niece went to vet school there), Cornell (used to work there), Syracuse (go Orangemen), Cal and St. Mary's (I live in Calif.), and Ohio State (friends and relatives would disown me if I didn't root for the Bucks). :)

Becky Andrews said...

Erin - how fun that your dad went to USU. For some reason my picture was off center (help!)
Thanks for the cheers, Sugar!
Lisa - yes go KU! I hope we can get together too!
Pat - how fun. Love the connection piece of all your teams!

Natalie said...

Haha Egypt did the same thing the other day. I had moved the little couch looking bed over next to her big round one (Bob was on tie down and they don't do well sharing the beds yet lol) So after a while when Bob was off of tie down she went over to lay down and kept walking back and forth over them, would sit and then switch again. After switching about 5 times she finally decided to curl up on the small couch bed lol, she's too funny.