My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Monday, February 15, 2010

We Found Sunshine

We enjoyed the longer weekend in St. George. It sure felt great to enjoy time together plus have sunshine! We walked up to the top of the Dixie Rock.  It was very crowded with lots of people taking pictures, hiking and climbing in the rocks.  Since our bike ride in October I wanted to walk to the top.
Cricket enjoyed the adventure except for the little bridge she had to walk across  -- the princess paws didn't appreciate the texture.
We enjoyed staying with my cute parents and going to the temple and the movie, Dear John.  Can't decide how I felt about that movie ... dialogue was good (easy to follow if you can't see the screen) however, a little emotionally draining! 
We love all the paved trails in St. George - so fun for walking, running, cycling. Steve ran and Cricket and I walked - by the looks of our faces you can see we are not ready for running! I also made my visit (what seems to be part of a St. George visit) to Dillards to the Estee Lauder dept. The lady there was so helpful and then asked me my guide dog's name - I said Cricket and she said -- oh yeah, I remember you! We also enjoyed watching the Olympics - except I just feel so bad for anyone that falls whether it is on ice or snow.  Love all the inspiring stories.

6 comments:

wendy said...

Those photos of somewhere "warm" certainly give me spring fever.

glad you were able to get away and get some exercise, fresh air, and "away time".

Infrequent Flyers said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip--and glad you got to enjoy the sunshine and warmth!!

Beth and Alfie said...

Looks like you had such fun -- beautiful pictures!

3 labs 4 me said...

I'm happy for you that you enjoyed some sunshine. Looks like you had alot of fun. We wish we were there with you guys!

Lacey said...

So jealous you got to enjoy the nice weather down there! My girls LOVE hiking around by the Dixie. I'm really itching to get down there every year at this time....but it looks like I'm going to have to wait awhile!

Brandon - The dog with a blog said...

Sounds like a fun trip, looks like Cricket enjoyed it too!

Toby's Raiser