My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Mid-month Update

I usually prefer to add rather than eliminate something as a goal - however this winter I have been on a decluttering, cleaning, simplifying effort and even yes, reducing my clothes in the closet. You might recall my goal for the month. Its easy to succeed with low expectations. Returning home from Yoga tonight there were three catalogs from my dear friend Ann and two emails. Sigh - super cute clothes with grey and peach as the colors. I have kept that goal by steering clear of that store. As for the other goals -- finished reading The Undaunted by Gerald Lund - an interesting read about the Hole in the Rock Expedition; currently reading (CD) book about George Obama given to me by my son - I know he will ask for a book report next time I see him so must continue on -- it is interesting! Still working on Three Cups of Tea on my Victor Reader. Then I will be ready for a lighthearted read.

There are hints of warm weather. Cricket and I love being able to get out for a nice long walk during the day. Our office is showing hints of spring with tulips and lilies in the rooms. As soon as there are pansies in the store, they will be on my front porch. I am ready to move the winter clothes out ... but know we have a good month left of winter - sigh.

No comments: