My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Love my mirror

My mirror is usually Steve - The conversation goes something like this --Steve, how do I look? His usual response is something like 'its not hard to decorate a rose' or another cliche which I say -- no seriously. Then its his responsibility to give me a quick overview ... looks good, there's a spot on your skirt, make-up not rubbed in, etc. I love my mirror! (In this picture, Cricket is not amused - she is read to go and wondering why we need to stop and take a picture.  When the purse is on the shoulder she runs to the door - time to GO)
I had a face peel bottle that was the same size as my eye cream bottle. They are the same texture too so it took a few times of him telling me you have 'stuff' on your face that I figured out the problem. Oh!! That's easy to solve ... my face peel now has a braille p on it. Life is an adventure, isn't it.

I pulled out one of my favorite wool skirts for the day. I love its fun little flare and ruffle at the bottom. I love the ruffle and classic combo. As we walked home from church, there were puddles and sounds of melting snow. Yay! I am ready for warmth, sunshine, spring clothes, digging in the dirt (gardening), cycling, long walks ...

6 comments:

Infrequent Flyers said...

Ha ha! Your story about the face peel/eye cream reminded me of a time when my dad brushed his teeth with his Brylcreem (hair cream) which comes in a tube like toothpaste. He wasn't vision impaired, just not paying attention!

Lisa and pups said...

I need a mirror like that! :D

wendy said...

That is indeed a great mirror you have. I enlarged the photo---love the skirt. Didn't see any makeup flaws??

I always tell my hubby, when we go out to eat, to be sure and tell me if he see's anything "stuck" in my teeth. YOU MUST, I TELL HIM, let me know.
nothing worse then having someone look at you, when they can SEE something is not right, and NOT tell you

so good mirror indeed

Erin said...

Love the outfit!

Karen said...

Hey you look pretty spiffy!! I have a good mirror but NEVER look that good.

See you soon
Mom

Becky Andrews said...

Thank you! Mimi - oh, that's funny!