My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Domestic Attempts

Cricket helped with babysitting this cute little guy while
his mom, my colleague & friend Lisa, and I baked and decorated our Valentine's sugar cookies. Such fun. I love making sugar cookies and have a recipe thanks to my friend, Erin, that is a success each time. Apparently, what I need as my efforts to make Glutein Free Brownies for Mel for her birthday tomorrow failed.
What a relief that she called and said she won't be coming in to work for her birthday ... I've got time to try again.
Here's Erin's Sugar Cookie Recipe:
3 c. flour; 1 cup butter; 3/4 cup sugar; 1 egg; 2 Tbs. milk; 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla. Bake at 350 degrees for 5-8 minutes. As mentioned, one of my favorites for Halloween, Christmas and Valentine's Day and other special days like when Natalie was an office and we made cookies shaped like V to show our school spirit.

4 comments:

Laurel said...

yummy! I am definitely going to have to try that recipe! Sounds amazing! I love Sugar cookies, they are my favorite. :)

3 labs 4 me said...

I love to eat sugar cookies, but I don't like to make them myself. Looks like you have fun today.

Infrequent Flyers said...

I can tell you have a fun apron collection for your domestic attempts! Sorry about the brownies, but you sure look cute with that baby!! When's Natalie going to make you into the "g" word?

Becky Andrews said...

Mimi - yes, don't I look so ready to be a grandma.