My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Balance

For a Communications class at the local community college, the students have to call someone that is in a profession they are considering and ask them some questions.  I had my second call of the semester tonight (two students -- they don't know each other).   They both said after the interview ... wow, you love your job.  I do!  The ability to experience such a deep connection with people in their journey through life is amazing!  A client brought in her latest find today: "Therapist in a Box"

We laughed as she read it to me!  Its going on the gift list for each therapist in my office!

I love my job, indeed.  However,  its been a busy week - already put in 30 hours and super excited that Thursday is a 1/2 day before a full day on Friday.   I have to remind myself that I told both these students that a healthy balance of work and play is so important!   I need a morning to get on my hands and knees and scrub the floor while a dog licks my face :D

No comments: