My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Monday, November 16, 2009

Service

We all need someone that is 'watching out for us' -- helping to keep us out of the holes in life. Cricket does it literally for me each day. As I've mentioned previously, Davina spent a couple days following us around and taking fun pictures. In the picture below Cricket has stopped to let me know there is a hold in the walk, as I use my foot to probe to gain an understanding of why she has stopped, she looks up at me to make sure I am aware of the hole so we can proceed around it.
Thank you Cricket for your great service. This time of year (I know it should be always) we are reminded and encouraged to reach out and serve others. Natalie's post today reminded me of the joy of service. I remember the last time we were asked to help clean the church - we did it and Pantera (first guide) was lying in the corner. The sister that had asked us to come help came up and apologized and said ... oh I didn't realize you were blind, I'm sorry I asked you. I said, Thank you so much for asking us to help.

1 comment:

Maddie, Betsy, Jorinda, and Petuina said...

I love the picture! I never get tired of seeing the amazing work our little puppies do!