My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Embracing Fear

Our family refers to Jamaica as one of our favorite vacations: great time together, beautiful all-inclusive resort, Steve & Natalie dancing contest winners, participating in many fun activities one of which was the zipline through the jungle. I was SO scared, almost backed out, didn't and then had SO much fun. It is one of many of my reference points of the rewards of doing something that scares you.

I'm looking for something new to 'scare' me or challenge me. Any ideas? (No interest in sky diving)

do one thing every day that scares you. eleanor roosevelt

6 comments:

OSU 98 said...

Sky coasters. Somewhere in between sky diving and zip line. I went on the one at Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio. Google Sky Coasters. :)

Katrin said...

My sister and her boyfriend took parasailing lessons (I think that's what it's called?) and she had an absolute blast doing it. Said she'd love to take more. Me that 'feed not touching the ground' thing makes me more than a little nervous! And last year for christmas my father got my mum tickets for a hot air balloon, they've yet to cash in on it but she's really looking forward to that, being way up in the sky.

wendy said...

Excellent idea --as you'd probably be glad you took that adventure

I am WAY to much of a scardy cat.
WAY TO MUCH. Fear stops me from---MUCH

Becky Andrews said...

Thanks for the suggestions! I am looking for something not related to heights this time :D - like I celebrated getting past the fear of going into a crowded yoga class on my own.

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

hmmm, you are pretty fearless! I think we should celebrate making it through 2009

Becky Andrews said...

Agree, Nat!