My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Meet Tom

November is one of my favorite months. I love the anticipation of Chrismas and also love the beauty and simplicity of a time of gratitude. One of my favorite and very simple traditions that we have is to have a Tom Turkey that we sit down generally the first Sunday in November and write what we are thankful for on one of his feathers. We put them all around him and hang on the fridge. We generally have spare feathers so anyone that stops by is encouraged to write on a feather. Recently I found a standing turkey that reminded us so much of Tom!
As I begin to think of all I have to be grateful for it is amazing! I have chosen to commit this month to recognizing and celebrating more fully my gratitude. Shortly after losing most of my sight, I received a note of gratitude from a family in our neighborhood - I don't recall at all what I did that warranted the note but I remember that thank you note meant so much to me. Today as a start of my effort to show more gratitude, I wrote a note to that person thanking her for thanking me! Thanks, Tom, for reminding me to be more grateful.

2 comments:

Ro said...

I absolutely love this post! Starting my day off just right. I will start off the month of November by saying I'm grateful for Blogger because of all the amazing people I'm meeting here!

3 labs 4 me said...

I am grateful that YOU are my friend Becky Andrews.