My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Missy Girl

Re-introducing Missy Girl, our 13 1/2 year old pug.
If you need a companion that is reliable, loyal, sweet, healthy, and a little spunky- this is the girl. She has been there for Natalie and Kendall for so many years! I think if they were to reflect on challenging times in their life, Missy Girl would be on the top of the list of one that was there for them! Am I right? There are so many funny experiences with Missy and our kids. One of my favorites with Kendall is when she followed him to school in 6th grade (which shows you how long she has been around) and he needed to go into school for a few minutes. He put her in the garbage can outside his classroom (it was one of the school portables). When I think of her with Natalie, I laugh remembering how she would ride in her car as such a princess.
I love to see how excited she gets when Natalie comes home for a visit. Her tail keeps wagging the whole time. She is such a sweet dog. We were asked the other day -- you still have Missy? Yes ... she's slower, atleast low vision (seems to be able to see some), hearing impaired, but still our cute little spunky Missy Girl.

2 comments:

L^2 said...

She's so cute! I've always liked pugs, but I've never had one as a pet. Maybe someday.

3 labs 4 me said...

Missy is one special girl, that's for sure!