My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thankful on Thursday

I encourage my clients to spend 5 minutes (or more) acknowledging what they appreciate in that moment... even during difficult times it can be empowering. The Appreciation Audit as Dr. Clark refers to it in "What Happy People Know"- take a few minutes and acknowledge What do you appreciate today?

So far, I appreciate that the bottle of finger nail polish I spilled all over our cabinets and my shirt did not stain or ruin the finish of the cabinets! This was a new bottle that I knocked over. Shortly after that I went into the laundry room and knocked over the bottle of detergent and am grateful that it wasn't the bottle of bleach that was nearby. Whew!

I appreciate my good health. Cricket and I just returned from a great walk -- and I just am so grateful to be healthy and be able to enjoy the beauty of the day.

I appreciate my family. Super excited that soon we will be together for a week with our kids.

I appreciate and love our new sound system at work. The background music just brings me joy and peace and fun to dance around when its just me and Cricket in the office.

I love my little black shoes ... they are comfy and just go with everything. Once I find a favorite of something - I wear it out.

I appreciate that it is Cherry Topper Month at Arctic Circle ... that is my favorite flavor.

Anything you appreciate today?

3 comments:

OSU 98 said...

My wonderful friend Becky!!! Hmm...the roof over my head, the dog who loves me no matter what I have done, health, good people in my life, sunshine, flowers, a full belly...and the list goes on and on.

Have a wonderful time in Hawaii! Got the purse today, love it!!! Mimi, you are very gifted!!!

Karen said...

What do I appreciate! Wow so many things and sometimes we don't take the time to ponder them. Thanks for the good reminder to do so.
--Your father whose health is okay.
--Wonderful children, grandchildren and greatgrandchildren and a mother who will be 94 next month.
--the fresh air of a good walk today.
--good health and the chance to continue to live and learn each day.
--the feelings in my heart that make me want to help and want to make life for others better. Not able to do much but glad that I care so much about all mankind
--Love for a great great daughter!

Mom

Infrequent Flyers said...

What a nice post. Yes, so much to be thankful for. I'm thankful for your blog, Becky, and for our high-tech way of meeting new friends. Nicole, I'm so happy you won the purse (I really did hope you would). I'm thankful for summer, and even summer's ending--time goes so quickly. It's nice to stop and think about all we have.

Mahalo, Becky!!