My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Like Water?

I'm sure the fam is snorkeling and swimming in Hawaii. I've heard stories of how much Steve loves to snorkel. Sometimes as a lab, I feel like I'm supposed to like water -- hmm, sometimes I do - sometimes I don't. Wasn't I a cute puppy?
As a more mature girl now, I don't really like the water and will avoid getting in the water whether its a puddle, the rain, or the ocean. I'm told Pantera used to love the water. Do you like the water or are you with me ... not so much?

5 comments:

3 labs 4 me said...

Dakota LOVES the water, Desma does NOT & Culver hasn't decided yet. Culver likes to do the same things as Dakota, so he starts wading out into the water & then runs back out of it.
By the way Cricket, you are doing a 'dog gone' good job with blogging.

L^2 said...

Hi Cricket!
We are really enjoying your posts this week.
My girls Willow and Stella are kind of silly about water too. They LOVE to swim, but they hate baths and having to go out to potty in the rain. And Willow always guides me around (or tries to jump over) puddles when we're walking around town, because she doesn't want to get her feet wet.

OSU 98 said...

Dear Cricket,

I love water...if there is a lake or pond around, I think I should be in it! However, mom spoils my fun...makes a fuss about how much nasty water I may swallow and what might be in the water...I do not like to do my business in the rain, but I have no issues splashing through puddles like a kid...

Love Chelsie

Infrequent Flyers said...

Cricket, you were an adorable round-faced little pup! Such a cute photo. Cabana has princess paws like you and doesn't like to get her feet wet on walks. Swimming, she's not sure she likes, even though she does know how. We're going to be at the beach this coming weekend, so I'm hoping she'll get a lot of opportunity to be in the water.

Denise said...

Hi Cricket!

Andromeda my pet likes to swim in large bodies of water but hates the kiddy pool, the hose, and baths.

Kamra my fisrt PIT (now retired guide) loved the water of any kind but she did not like the hose.

Oceana my second PIT loves the kiddy pool but is scared of large bodies of water and hates the hose and baths.

Catalina my third PIT loves water of any kind but Andromeda has tought her to not like the hose.

Fern my fourth PIT I don't know yet she has only 8 weeks and been home for only a week.