My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Friday, May 15, 2009

Join Our Team to Walk for Vision

Our family has been involved with the Foundation Fighting Blindness for many years - serving as presidents of the Utah Chapter for several years. We have many lifelong friends thanks to this organization as well as hope for the future and the research that is taking place. VisionWalk has raised over $8 million to fund sight-saving research. As promising treatments move into critical human studies, the need for research funding is greater than ever before.

As you can see by this map, there are vision walks throughout the country. If you are in the Utah area, join our team: Cruisin' with Cricket
on June 13 at Sugar House Park. We will have so much fun for a great cause.

2 comments:

3 labs 4 me said...

Go Becky. Wish I could be in Utah to walk with you!!

Becky Andrews said...

Debi - I wish you could join us too!