My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Friday, May 1, 2009

Find the Counter ...

Silly scenario of a day that gave Cricket some good practice on "find the counter." We were at Bath & Body Works - fun place and of course buy one get one free ... so we took our 5 purchases to the counter (math has never been my strength) and she said - you can go get another one ... so we trek back through the store to get our sixth one for free. Somehow as we arrive back at the counter - a new clerk indicates because I've spent so much then I can get one more lotion for free ... back we trek to get our next free lotion and again I tell Cricket: find the counter. Third time back (I promise) and a different clerk at the counter - she then says ... oh you can go get a free shower gel - by this time I think Cricket thought this was a set up and I was seriously wondering if it was worth the effort to navigate through this store to find another shower gel, however I can't ever pass up a bargain no matter what it costs me to get it! (My math has me seeing what I save not what I've spent!) We go get our final shower gel and return back to the counter (new clerk by this time) to pay and she tells me the amount owing (in my head I'm thinking that sort of sounds high so I ask her ... she hadn't given me credit for my last freebie.) After three treks to 'find the counter' I am getting my free shower lotions and shower gels and chalk it up to nice practice for Cricket on Find the Counter.

6 comments:

OSU 98 said...

I hope you had some kibble in your pocket for this one!!! What a dog!

Lacey said...

Oooh!! I want to go there!! I'm in some serious need of some good smelling lotion!

Infrequent Flyers said...

I'm the same way about those silly Joann's 40% off coupons. You can ONLY use it on non-sale items, which makes it very difficult since 90% of the store is always on sale. I have to go through the store at least 3 times to find SOMEthing to use it on. But B&BW was good practice for Cricket--so it's all for the best!

3 labs 4 me said...

Thanks for making me laugh today. I can just see you two going back & forth.

Becky Andrews said...

Let's go shopping, ladies!

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

hahaha!! I went to Bath and Body yesterday too!! And yeah, I got four hand soaps for $10 -- I was thrilled!