My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Until the next Haircut

Does anyone else sometimes measure their lives by their haircuts? So, basically every 5th Tuesday at noon you will find me at Marina's discussing what we are going to do with my hair while Cricket assumes her position in the corner on her mat! After some debate on whether to go short we decide we're keeping it a little longer for another 5 weeks. I love that its a team effort! Today I sat down and she began asking me - So, is Steve still looking for a job? Nope he has a new job! So, have you gotten your condos rented in St. George? Yes! As she updated me on her life and her on mine, we declared that many of life's challenges (atleast the smaller ones) work themselves out by the next haircut! I was happy to tell her by the time I saw her next I would have had two visits with Natalie, too.

Another gorgeous spring day and Cricket and I were able to get in three nice walks inbetween appointments and lunch with Kelly (thanks for making the drive, friend).

2 comments:

OSU 98 said...

So FUNNY that you posted this...I was just talking to my co worker about the right time in between haircuts and we decided it was 5 weeks too!!!!

Unknown said...

It must be a Utah thing ... the drive to Centerville/Bountiful is just a hop skip and a jump away. I've driven further to go to church. Besides that ... I would have driven to Provo to have lunch with you. Worth it!!!