My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Monday, March 16, 2009

I met a colleague today at Starbucks. It really is a fabulous place to meet and brainstorm on fun ideas for our profession. Love, love it and prefer to not think how many calories a hot chocolate and apple fritter entails. With a few minutes to spare before my ride came (Kendall has been hired for the week - now, that is an exciting spring break job, don't you think!) I wandered into Ann Taylor. Okay, Cricket just assumed that was where she was supposed to go. This dog is brilliant! I was walking out of the store and this lady stopped me and asked - Are you training that dog, I said No she is my guide dog- fully trained. I'm visually impaired - have a pinhole of vision
That is incredible that you are able to go into Ann Taylor and shop. Keep it up! Hmm, I leave the store thinking I better keep up it up! I'm doing some good education on blindness, right.

3 comments:

OSU 98 said...

Now you just need to train that super smart girl of yours to wander into White House Black Market and you will be all set!!!!

Becky Andrews said...

Sadly, the WHBM is not at Gateway so we don't get there too often!

3 labs 4 me said...

That's a good reason for a shopping adventure, plus you're helping the economy too.