My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Survived the 'Petting Zoo'

We try to avoid Costco on Saturdays - we refer to it as a petting zoo, but today we found ourselves there. For some reason as we were standing in line, the loudest, shrilled alarm went off for several minutes. Cricket was a little concerned but kept her calm. When I said Cricket outside ... find the door - she was thrilled to do so and be able to go home!

2 comments:

Infrequent Flyers said...

What a terrific photo! Great job, Cricket, for staying calm during the alarm. That's no easy feat for dogs or humans!

OSU 98 said...

Cricket, you poor thing. One time, I was in Target with Sharon and Truth and this child erupted. Truth gave me a look that said "get me out of here" Lucky for her, we were checking out and when the words "Truth outside" came out, she made a beeline for the door...