My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Sunday, March 29, 2009

As I was trying to title this decided couldn't really say confessions of a homemaker (not me), hmmm other titles? Anyway, we've been doing further spring cleaning and tackling the pantry. We have a big pantry that I love ... we could fit a bed in there if we wanted and right now we have much more room! Steve just helped me go through all the food -- we had some canola oil that expired in '01 - wondering why it even made the move to this house. This vanilla gallon Steve thinks we have had since we were married - I don't think so (Natalie can you remember this from your childhood days!)however, it has been around a long time! Anyway, feels great to have the pantry nice and clean and we're going to be more organized on using what we buy, buying what we will use - this adjusting to cooking (or not really even cooking very much) for two has been that - an adjustment!
Thanks, Cricket for being willing to pose by a small portion of the expired food! And as noted by expired - I mean several years! Steve and I got the giggles laughing about it. To make it more funny, today I teach a lesson in Sunday School on The Roles of Mom -- whew I just read through the top ten list and it mentions nothing about cooking... just being together at mealtimes.

No comments: