My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Teaching Sunday School

I am loving my Sunday School Class - Family Relations. I teach every other week - someone was asking me what adaptations I have to make with my lack of sight ... here they are: Writing on the chalkboard (not too good at that - sometimes I can write over other things) so I asked a class member to come and write the list as people shared their comments. The lesson manual - I get it on a CD and listen to it and then type in my notes so that I can print them off in a readable format - mostly go by memory in my head. Class discussion - no raising hands - we are casual and they share their comments as they come. It was really fun today and I think went pretty well except one point there was a dog that made a moan in the corner! She is still adjusting to the 1-4 church which overlaps with her usual dinner time.

2 comments:

OSU 98 said...

Dear Cricket,

I was about to call Dog Protective Services myself today to complain about my mealtimes as well. Today, I did not get my breakfast until 1PM. However, I was able to forgive my mom, as my breakfast was withheld due to my walk, trip to the park and ball chasing session. Mom does not allow me to chase my ball close to mealtime, so I had to wait. It was well worth it, and I got some extra food in my bowl when I got home.

I do hope your mom works it out so that you don't starve. I mean, does she at least carry a cookie so you have some energy to guide her???

I do hope your human works this out for you. I mean, who really knows what is wrong with those humans anyway???

Very sincerely,

Chelsie Belle

Karen said...

What a wonderful teacher you must be and how much you teach by the way you live. You amaze us!! Is Quinn the young man who is Bruce Godfrey's grandson? I was just trying to remember the name.
Love you