My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Saturday Evening

After a day of getting much done at home, we decided to go up to Logan to attend a wedding reception and an Aggie basketball game. In our attempts to be frugal, we first stopped at Corbins in Layton and enjoyed an early dinner thanks to a gift card we had been given. We decided we were glad we had saved it because now we enjoyed it even more. The waitress referred to Cricket as a 'learning dog' as she thought she was in training... No, I explained she is the real deal. On to the wedding reception in Logan. I was so happy to celebrate in Amanda and Quinn's special day! I have known Amanda since she was 14 and loved that both their guide dogs were accompanying them on this special day and of course into their next step of life together. Loved their thank you note with chocolate - it read: ... we wanted to send thank you notes through the mail but postal readers can't read braille. Then, on to the basketball game. It was a sold out crowd and our Aggies didn't let us down. I was able to see my good friend, Wendy, for a few minutes before the seat was filled. Cricket had to be a snug little bug underneath the seat. The people next to us didn't even realize there was a dog under my chair until the last minute of the game. Good girl Crickers! I tried to get a video of the students singing the 'fight song' but somehow it didn't save ...still have so much to learn about all this techno. Great, energizing evening and always love to spend time with Steve. We even sang from the Mama Mia soundtrack on the way home ... does it get any better than that, ha!

2 comments:

Sarah and the Pack. said...

I love singing in the car! But it makes the dogs howl sometimes.
Sounds like a really fun evening.

Lacey said...

What a fun day! And I LOVE Spring cleaning!! It feels so good to be productive and to have a clean house is the BEST!
Love your new family pic on the side too!