My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Thursday, February 19, 2009

10 + for the day

As I walk merrily up the street hearing the snow melting and the sun on my face the silly song of 'you can never know the good if you've never known the bad' sings in my head. (I kind of do see Utah winters as 'bad') I know late February I appreciate a warm sunny day much more ... it is such a treat and there is hope that spring is coming. Cricket and I have a full day - for her that means much sleeping in the corner of my office, for me it means ten clients. For that reason we took advantage of our lunch break with a nice long walk with multiple street crossings, several obstacles in the sidewalk ... Cricket did fabulous. It felt so great to enjoy a long walk without snow on the sidewalk, warmth on our back and walking so freely with Cricket doing her job and loving it. Now, she's ready for an afternoon of sleeping in the corner of my office.

2 comments:

Kauaiart said...

You are such a good mom to Cricket!

3 labs 4 me said...

You're working too hard girlfriend, but at least you you took a lunch break & enjoyed the sunshine with Cricket.