My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Friday, December 12, 2008

Thank you to the wonderful dad who so sweetly explained to his kids today why they could not pet Cricket. He said, See that beautiful dog. You know how we are trying to serve this Christmas and help others ... that dog does that each day for that lady who can't see. So, you can walk by and say hi to the lady but don't talk to the dog." With that simple explanation, he covered it all!

You've got to watch this!

2 comments:

Lisa and pups said...

OMG! That's beautiful. Brought a tear to my eye. Thanks for sharing

Karen said...

Tears in our eyes also. What a beautiful lesson he is teaching his children and how meaningful for us as we look at the blessing of Cricket and you each day. To bad we don't have a world full of Dad's like that.

Your Mom and Dad