My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Just Color a Picture ...

A client shared a touching story with me yesterday. After a difficult year, this client is doing so good but financially, as with so many right now, times are very difficult. She told me she called her little 6 year old granddaughter and said - 'Grandma loves you so much. I'm still trying to find a job so I feel really sad I can't get you very much this Christmas.' She said her sweet granddaughter said, grandma can you color? Yes was her reply. Her little granddaughter said, Grandma, just color me a picture that says you love me.

3 comments:

Lacey said...

That is such a sweet story. I think it's so easy to get caught up in all the things that money buy....but kids have the most simple, pure desires!! I love how my girl are constantly drawing cute pictures for me and Rob and anyone else they care about.

OSU 98 said...

UGH, kids! I am crying now reading this..a little emotionally unstable right now. :)

Princess Coral said...

How sweet!