My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Friday, November 21, 2008

Our Special Tree

This is our angel tree at our office. On this tree are special ornaments remembering someone who has died brought in from friends at our "Grief and the Holidays" evening at our office. This tree lifts many who enter our office and is a reminder to celebrate the gift of life. Friends come and share pictures and memories of someone they are remembering who has died. In this evening they get support from others who are also grieving a loss. This evening was held last Tuesday and another one will be held on Wednesday, December 10th at 6:30 at our office . (If you are experiencing a loss, you are invited to join us). I learn so much from these friends -- one of which is Denise and her family. Her website is incredible as she shares the story of her beautiful girls, Bree-elle and Chloee and son Tyson; shares insight on how to support someone who is grieving, and has beautiful gifts to purchase. In the above picture, you can see one of her beautiful lightboxes. I appreciate these friends that enter my life and help me appreciate the gift of life more fully. For death teaches us more than anything that every day of life is precious and worth living to the fullest, Judy Tatelbaum, MSW.

Someone special you are remembering this holiday season? I put an ornament for Pantera on the tree this year, ah love that girl!

2 comments:

Kauaiart said...

Dear Becky~ here is a favorite poem .
Optimism
More and more I have come to admire resilience.
Not the simple resistance of a pillow, whose foam
returns over and over to the same shape, but the sinuous
tenacity of a tree: finding the light newly blocked on one
side,
it turns in another. A blind intelligence, true.
But out of such persistence arose turtles, rivers,
mitochondria, figs — all this resinous, unretractable
earth.
—Jane Hirshfield, Given Sugar, Given Salt

Kauaiart said...

As you perhaps have been, grieving for many years our perpetual vision loss, this poem have given me strength.
Plus, I love Figs!