My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Monday, November 24, 2008

Be in the Moment ... Lesson learned from Cricker Girl

It's a beautiful Autumn sunny day - Cricket seems to have a desire to take it all in and enjoy.
Meanwhile, I seem to be making my 'to do' list of what needs to be done - sometimes tending to think too far into the future and becoming overwhelmed.

Just as I am about to finish raking the leaves, Cricket runs through my pile not once but several times and reminds me to enjoy the moment - enjoy this beautiful sunny autumn day and the opportunity to run through the pile of leaves.


As I have been feeling a little overwhelmed - some pangs of loss with the new changes in vision; Cricket takes it all in stride and lets me know its going to be just fine!

6 comments:

s day @ sdayrunning.blogspot.com said...

Becky! I'm sorry to hear about your vision and the new problems. You are a warrior! I miss chatting with you and just keeping in touch. Good luck with the Steroids and I hope it helps. Remember how amazing you are and that you have saved many lives, including mine!

OSU 98 said...

While I am all about living in the moment and don't do it enough myself, it would have been really nice had she found some other way to "live in the moment"...

Mickelle said...

Hi Becky! I was wondering how you were doing? Cricket is so cute! How is Pantera and Missy doing? Give them all hugs from me!
Mickelle

Becky Andrews said...

Mickelle - So great to hear from you! When are you coming home? Pantera died on March 22 - Missy and Cricket are doing well.

Kauaiart said...

It will be Fine~
Different probably, but fine. . . .
We have so much to be thankful for.
I too struggle with the grief of becoming blind. "Becoming"demote the future, so let us simply rejoice in each moment of esch today like Cricket and Mirage, my mentor in patience :-)
Give Thanks! Celebrate Love!
Love, Susan

Becky Andrews said...

Susan - I so agree! Life is great!