My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Charm Bracelet is missing.

This is a picture of the charm bracelet that I bought after Pantera died. I had engraved on the heart "Pantera - dog of honor" (She was the dog of honor at her puppy raiser's wedding and I was the matron of honor), and also had gotten a charm with a purse (representative of the shopping we enjoyed with Meg, Peggy and Natalie; and also added a labrador retriever as well as some fun colorful charms and then the special star/paw charm that had some of Pantera's hair inside the charm.
Those who know me or have read this blog can gather I am a pretty sentimental person.

Dates have special meanings, creating ways to remember special people/dogs is important to me. In Oregon I bought a special charm to add a Cricket adventure to the bracelet and also planned to get a charm with Cricket's name on it. The bracelet is a really pretty silver and I loved wearing it (you can see from these pics - it went everywhere with me) - made for a great conversation piece. As we say in therapy terms - it was a fun 'linking object' for me. Well, sadly it has been lost somewhere between here and Oregon. We have turned our house upside down looking, searched all our suitcases, etc ... and also Steve H. returned to the condo we stayed in and searched every corner there and Debi searched her car inside and out (thank you SO much) ... end result is it is nowhere to be found. I just got on the internet to reorder it because Steve reassured me there is still Pantera hair around in our house ...I will begin to create another bracelet!

Isn't losing things so frustrating!

1 comment:

OSU 98 said...

Ugh, so utterly upsetting. I lost the black pearl necklace my mom brought me back from Hong Kong earlier in the summer and I am so upset I can't even tell her. I still look up, down, left and right...from what I can tell I lost it doing yard work...that feeling of looking down and realizing what is missing is awful...