My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Inspiring Women


I received a phone call today from Deborah Lewis of the ELA Foundation. Her kind voice brought back memories of my early school days and a reminder to appreciate those that had helped me achieve some of my dreams. Years ago when I returned to get my master's from the University of Utah, I applied for the Ethel Louise Armstrong Scholarship . This scholarship is for women with disabilities. I received one of their scholarships! The $$ of course was very helpful but also I was so proud and excited to be a part of the Ethel Louise Armstrong Foundation and what it stands for: Total Inclusion for All People! You can read about these women who helped inspire me when I was wondering my abilities through stats class! I look forward to reconnecting with these remarkable women throughout the country.

No comments: