My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Thursday, August 7, 2008

"To love this life..."

Today Cricket & I ventured into our storage room in an attempt to continue our organizing efforts (everything is a shared experience with Cricket). Well, I didn't get too far before I I found this book/cd of Helen Keller quotes. I have been enjoying listening to it (while still attempting to clean the storage room.) Helen Keller was such a remarkable woman and this book has reminded me of what a spokeswoman she was on so many topics - not just disability issues. I often think of her as a role model and a symbol of strength amongst her adversity, but it was also fun to read how she spoke out for women's rights and changing the world. She states: Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet.
Hmm, my morning was pretty frustrating - do I need to look at it as character development?

No comments: