My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Turn Lemons into Lemonade??




This may be one of those stories that 'you had to be there' to find it funny but I'll try! So, we have this little condo in St. George. It is a fixer-upper and so we get to go to Home Depot and Lowe's alot. Yesterday we were in Lowe's for atleast 2 1/2 hours . . waiting for them to get our blinds finished, etc. It was one of the employees first day on the job in the blind department - so I did have some empathy for her. But, after the second hour had begun and we were still waiting for these blinds to get done (at this point you may be thinking - why didn't we go do some other things and come back to the store-- really good question and I don't have a good answer), trying to look on the bright side I told Steve 'Cricket is sure being a good girl and very patient (more than I could say for me) - I said when we are done, let's find a hat so I can blog about her being such a good/patient girl. We finished and went over to the painting section to see if they had any free painting hats that said Lowe's on them. Well, they didn't but the sales associate said, it had just been Customer Appreciation Day and so she thought they might have some baseball hats with Lowes logo on them from this day. She directed us to go to the other end of the store to customer service. We got to the counter and this nice sales associate had called ahead to let them know we were coming to get our hats! Well, he didn't have any there but was also so helpful in telling us to go back to the southend of the store to get our hats! By this time we were laughing hysterically as we were running around the store to get our hats. Lessons of the day: Lowe's had great customer service (atleast on this day in St. George) and I probably need to learn from Cricket and have some patience - quickly, please! Later that day, Steve had to return a light to the store and he was wearing his Lowe's hat -- They said, well we've got to be nice to you with that great hat on! As I said, it probably is one of those much funnier in person incidences, but Cricket got some extra walking in the nice cool store instead of the 104 degree outside and we have hats! By the way, the blinds look great too.

No comments: