My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Friday, July 11, 2008

Note: Keep Cricket's Kibble and my M&M's in different pockets!!

I love the fact that Cricket can learn new words/commands, receive positive reinforcement for working through difficult areas, with a simple 'kibble' a few morsels of her dog food! I carry a few usually in my pocket or in a purse pouch. It is so much to get to have a little mini celebration for a job well done!! What on ocassion I forget - like today - is that my treats for doing good work!? (my M & M or jelly bean stash) need to be in a different pocket than Cricket's kibble!! I don't get near as excited as Cricket for putting one of her kibbles in my mouth!!
Am I the only one that has done this??

2 comments:

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

Ewwww. I did that once with Dahlia's treats though. It wasn't in my pocket -- I just picked it up. It didn't make it near my mouth though -- not even close.

3 labs 4 me said...

I have kibble in every pocket. Thankfully, I have not eaten kibble. The worst thing is washing your clothes with kibble still left in the pockets. Gross.