My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Blindness Humor

One of the challenges of blindness for me is keeping track of things! I know a place for everything and everything has a place . . . but what if you can't remember where you put it!! For example, this cute little watering can was missing for 20 minutes while I searched every flower bed to find it -- it is a little difficult when the vision is going . . and also the memory!!! Cricket is fabulous as a guide at 'find the door', 'find the car', 'find the elevator', 'find the escalator' but is not responsible for helping me find everything I lose such as the watering pot! Funny story: one day when I was mowing the lawn - was called in the house for something and came back out and spent a long time searching for where I had left the lawn mower in the front yard!!

No comments: