My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Monday, June 2, 2014

Sharing

Running.  This morning getting ready to run three miles. Our marathon is less than two weeks away. This training has included a broken foot which has healed well! Gone for two weeks for training with my sweet Georgie. Then, IT Band issues - which have included weekly visits to the physical therapist, podiatrist and orthopedic doctor next week. I feel like we are sooooo close I want to do everything possible to be able to make it happen. I am hoping to run Boston or NYC Marathon for my 50th birthday year. So close .... I also recognize it is a run and not going to do anything too crazy!  The balance of working hard for goals and also letting go, surrendering, switching directions if needed.  

The joy is in the journey. The last 16 weeks have been another joyful journey with my friends in this endeavor. They are amazing women that I look forward to seeing for each run.  They are beautiful women and friends.  

St. George.  This weekend we took a quick trip to St. George.   Some nice early morning and night walks were on the agenda with the summer heat.   We are listening to the book - Born to Run.   Some good movie nights - Monument Men and Mandela.  

First picture is Georgie and Cricket together for their picture.  They are becoming quite good at the picture routine together.

Travel.  Booked our vacation to visit Natalie and Dahlia in DC.  Fourth flight for Georgie Girl.   Time can be marked with memories with guide dogs - Last time I travelled to Washington, DC was with my first guide dog, Pantera and Natalie, my mom and grandma in 1998 -- its been a while!
Work is busy and good.  Just hired two new therapists - excited to see them build their practice!  I also have a new intern starting today that happens to be blind with a guide dog.  I am excited to have her join our team for the next eight weeks!  

Follow-up Visit.  Wednesday Georgie and I will have our follow-up visit from an instructor at Guide Dogs for the Blind.  We are meeting her downtown at City Creek for some work.  Excited!

Bring on a new week!!  

1 comment:

3 labs 4 me said...

Hope to see you guys soon. Miss you! Love the pics.