My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Steve is now Cruisin with Cricket

Steve and I attended the beautiful American Mother's Celebration today. As the National Mother of Achievment, I had the opportunity to share a few remarks. Cricket has been there for this journey this year so it felt like she stepped down a little too soon :).  I missed having her by my side.  So grateful for Steve's support.
Steve is now Cruisin with Cricket.  He is feeding Cricket each day and taking her for walks. The time I will be leaving is coming so quickly - next Sunday. My transition with Pantera was so smooth - I came home from training and she welcomed Cricket in to the family.  Pantera didn't have any desire to work so it was easy.  Cricket is a little younger so we are hopeful that it will be a smooth transition, and she will welcome her new 'sister' or 'brother' into the family!  Feeling lots of mixed emotions in this exciting transition.  I am so ready to work with a guide dog, again!  I was out with my colleagues last night and they said -- Wow, it is a lot different when you don't have Cricket -- with Cricket we forget you are blind.  So true.  We were walking on a cobble stone sidewalk and my cane kept getting stuck in the cracks!

I m wondering ... do I create a new blog -- continue on with this one -- another format as I start my next journey with my next guide?  Cricket will still have many stories to tell of her adventures!  Any thoughts - suggestions?

2 comments:

Elle J said...

I don't think you can go wrong with either choice you make. Just an idea; what if Steve took over as author of this blog with Cricket retirement adventures; and you start a new blog with your new guide, but add a link here to make the family connection. I am excited to meet your new addition, and Cricket looks happy going for a walk with Steve.

Lablove said...

I think Elle J. is right....I look forward to reading about Cricket and your new guide in whatever format you choose!