My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Saturday, March 29, 2014

In sync

Friday was working our route in  San Rafael again.  It is feeling great!  She is walking at a great pace, passing by distractions and just so darn cute!  Yesterday we worked inside a building with stairs, elevators, moving right and left turns.  We also practiced find the chair with the clicker.  Very cool!  We are feeling 'in sync' and it is amazing!  It may be my third guide dog -- each time it is so incredible and such a remarkable experience to form this beautiful bond and put my trust in an adorable dog.

I have a great class of seven other wonderful students.  We are having a good time!  Today is work in the mall!  We will see what kind of shopper you are, Georgina!

Cricket and Georgina are going to be great friends!  After we get settled back in, it will be fun to see them having some play time together.  I think they will enjoy the double orange tug together.

Have a great weekend!  (Help -- I cannot seem to figure out how to paste a picture onto my blog in my ipad!)

4 comments:

pattib said...

How awesome! Tonight I get the opportunity to meet the new handler of the puppy I raised last year. The new team is currently in training together at Leader Dogs for the Blind. Reading your posts help me vision what Dutch and his person are experiencing together! Thanks for sharing.

Becky Andrews said...

Patti - Thinking of you and hope your day goes well meeting!! Such a beautiful amazing gift you have given - raising a puppy! Will look forward to hearing about your visit and hope she/he has many years together as a team!

KB said...

I can't wait to "meet" Georgina. It must be a very special time, getting to know your new companion and guide. It sounds as if you are going to be a great pair!

pattib said...

Becky, our meeting went great! Here is a link to my post about it: http://playswithpuppies.blogspot.com/2014/04/puppy-update-pennsylvania-dutch.html. Best wishes to you and Georgina!