My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Thursday, February 20, 2014

2011: Cricket (& Becky) in the spotlight

2011 started off with Shannon and I running our first half marathon together.  So awesome.  I LOVE half-marathons!  The year also started off with the Wasatch Woman fun.  Late in 2010 I received a shocking call at the office. I was told that I had been nominated as a Wasatch Woman in the Business Category. I was deeply touched to hear that my daughter had nominated me. She is an amazing writer :). After a process of interviews and voting, I was selected as the overall Wasatch Woman of 2011. It was a beautiful experience and as I sit here reflecting on that journey -- most special part was having dear family and friends there for the event. Those attending except for my closest family members, didn't know that I was going to be selected!  It will also be a special Becky/Cricket team memory as she helped me walk to the podium confidently.


A few blog posts:

Letting Go

Living with Passion and Compassion

Thanksgiving in San Diego and helping Natalie and Adam pack for their move to Utah (yay!)
I met my friend Bonnie this year.  She gave me a gift basket with this quote that I love: A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.  --Unknown.  

No comments: